Wednesday, May 27, 2009

!!السلام عليكم


[This is Kuhn transmitting for the first time from his submarine bunker under the churning black waves of the Long Island Sound. It is the first of many transmissions, he hopes.]

Canada means maple syrup, efficient government, Dan Snaith, Nova Scotia rocks, PJ Baisley, and (most recently) DZ and Woogie.

DZ just launched a website for his label @ www.badmanpress.com. Check the downloads page for 20+ free 320's. All bangers. Start with the remix of the Major Lazer track. There's also a promo mix, which I'm dl'ing as I write.

Woogie. 'End Dub' puts the dub in dubstep.

Download his most recent mix: The Dub Knight.

The second track on it is a Martyn remix that chilled Club Love to the core when Martyn rolled in for the Brainfeeder party last month. As that track was rolling on Love's 400,000,000,000 watts, a good-looking girl approached me and spoke into my ear, "Who's DJing?"

I responded by turning to Sam. "This is Martyn, right?"

She could tell I was trying to lose her attention and pulled me back around. "He's really good."

"Right on."

"Right on?" She smirked. "Are you from the South or something?"

"Nah, from the Sixties maybe."

She smiled and got back to dancing.

I thought about a girl in Paris.

No comments: