Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mix For The Cruelest Month


YES! My buddy Zach (1/2 of the Brooklyn based dream-beat party band band Bluejay) hit me up with this wonderful micro-mix; full of tunes to lead us from April showers into May flowers, n' beyond to full on summertime sunshine.

He says: "This mix was for April. A famous writer called out April for being the mean and I tend to agree. I thought that Man Jumping, Wendy & Lisa, Mtume, Steve Winwood, Cap'n Jazz, Todd Terry, Corina, Funboy Three, Fred Frith, Windjammer, and Michael (R.I.P.) would give us something to look forward to as summer's space craft crash lands on the beach.

Catch Bluejay live on May 7th at Shea Stadium.

& say hello online with these convenient social networking links:

myspace.com/bluejayllc
bluejayllc.blogspot.com
twitter.com/bluejaytweets

DOWNLOAD

Tracklisting

Bluejay - "Crunch Liquid (Instrumental)"
The Jacksons - "Hurt"
Wendy & Lisa - "Someday I"
Bluejay - "Marble Head High"
Alexis Laik - "Danse Danse Danse"
Sunfire - "Shake Your Body"
Man Jumping - "Aerotropics (Love at First Sight edit)"
Steve Winwood - "Valerie"
Windjammer - "Am I Right"
Fun Boy Three - "Our Lips Are Sealed"
Corina - "Loving You Like Crazy (Todd Terry Remix)"
Fred Frith - "The Technology of Tears"
Bluejay - "Blurry (Bell Biv instrumental)"