Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Skream Mishka Mix Vol. 6

Watch out for that WwwWWWwoOooOBBbBBBBBllLLLlLEEEE...

This is kind of an older mix--I think it came out in the beginning of March--but it got lost on my computer and I just resurrected it the other day to discover that it is, in fact, the business. For a while there, it kind of seemed like Skream fell off. Not like he lost his steez or anything, but he wasn't the name-on-everyone's-mouth that he had been after, say, his Essential Mix aired.

This is probably the best Skream mix I've heard since then. Srzly. Of course the favorites--"Simple City," "Filth"--will wobble your head off, but these newer tracks, most of which he's been playing on his Stella Sessions show since the beginning of 2009, are just...well...I don't know what to say about them. "What Did He Say" is one of the biggest tunes I have ever heard, the Silkie remix of "Filth" is just wild, and if you haven't heard Skream's remix of La Roux's "In for the Kill," you are failing to maximize your potential in this world. Its tunes and mixes like these that confirm why this kid is so important to dubstep and electronic music, and make me want to stand in front of a soundsystem for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Nextron said...

sick. a great mix. check us out at noirceursurlalys.blogspot.com