Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hyetal-Highrise Clothing Blog Exclusive Mix

Hyetal Bristol Dubstep

I don't know shit about clothes, and to be honest, I have never heard of this Highrise Clothing blog, nor have I ever visited any blog devoted to clothing until yesterday. HOWEVER, if all clothing blogs get hooked up with exclusive mixes like this collection from Bristol's newest dubstep young-gun-extraordinaire, count me in.

Recently featured on the Mary Anne Hobbes show, Hyetal, who I'm sure is between the age of 15-17, joins the ranks of his inimitable city mates Gemmy and Joker with wonky, synthy, generally excellent dubstep-y tunes like this mix's track with Shortstuff, "Ice Cream." Wonk and wobble abound on this mix ("Kodama" by Gemmy is the business), but there's a good dose of the classier, more minimal, more techno-y sound within the genre as well (this Peverlist tune is straight-up creepy). Watch out for big tings from this kid in the future.