Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Smooth Jamz #1


If anyone knows me, they know I have a soft spot for smooth jams, especially the kind of late 70s/early 80s, blue-eyed soul stuff that is often classified as "Yacht Rock." Part of my interest in this music, apart from the often immaculate production, stems from the amount of times that these types of tracks are sampled in hip-hop. I often get exposed to these songs through a multitude of various ways, and I discovered today's smooth jam of the day in a diner. The track is called "Sexy Eyes" by Dr. Hook and I'm about 99% sure it was sampled by Alex Anderson in his track "Devils" from the Eliot Lipp/Old Tacoma Records Way Pavers compilation, which you can/should purchase here.

Now for the smooth:
(*look for the sampled loop at :19*)



I hope I don't catch too much shit for starting this segment haha

2 comments:

Paul Jones said...

awwww yeahhhhhhh... everyone needs more smooth jamz/men with eye patches and cowboy hats playing bongos.

Mikey said...

The sample sleuth strikes again. Good find.

Nerd.