Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oooops!

I know I haven't posted shit in almost a month, but I want to make it up to you. Haven't had a lot of time to be surfing the internet lately, but I have been working on some other sheet. Wasn't able to host any radio shows last month, but I'll be hosting at least one Astro Nautico, and a jazz show in the coming weeks. Also got a mix I'm working on, probably drop it on friday or saturday, when I have some room to breathe.

In the mean time, here's a video clip from Suite for Ma Dukes, which took place a couple weeks back as a tribute to Dilla, and of course, Ma Dukes, who is now sadly battling the same disease that J did. Put together by Carlos Nino and conducted Miguel-Atwood Ferguson, with a full 40-piece orchestra, and plenty of amazing guest MCs and vocalist appearances (including Talib, Posdnous, Bilal, Dwele and more). Wish I coulda been there, looks like it was pretty unbelievable.. maybe a DVD drop of the concert on the way? fingers are crossed..


and yes, that's Karriem Riggins on the set.

Raise it UP for Ma Dukes!

here's a link to a list of the Timeless concerts... I think they already did one with David Axelrod, which I'm sure was mind blowing, and there's one with Arthur Verocai coming up soon, also with a full orchestra! Insane!

p.s. for my Montreal peeps, I'm going to be DJing a short set from 2-3am at Nuit Blanche McGill on thursday, all the way up on University Street if you want to stop by... I'll be selling some homemade compilation CDs before that, too.. Samiyam steez.

more posts to follow... stay tuned.

No comments: